| Job Description:
Gerdau is currently seeking a Buyer for its Whitby, ON facility.
• Procure goods and services, prepare purchase orders and/or supply contracts within established policies and procedures, verify purchase order details, and document vendor performance.
• Monitor inventory levels of supplies, review min/max levels, assess vendor capabilities and past performance, recommend adjustments, and collect supplier performance data.
• Keep the procurement team, plant personnel, and central management abreast of changing market and supplier conditions.
• Inspect, address, and rectify product quality issues as they arise.
• Communicate specifications, commercial terms/conditions, and safety and environmental compliance to vendors/suppliers, shippers, and inspection personnel.
• Assist in resolving procurement issues with vendors/suppliers and Gerdau departments. The incumbent will coordinate the resolution of problems or issues with appropriate administrative and accounting personnel.
• Provide information to central management, regional management, plant management, and internal customers to control costs and identify savings opportunities in the procurement of goods and services.
• Review the status of shipment orders and make expediting adjustments, as needed, to insure timely receipt of goods purchased and proper order application.
• Resolve discrepancies primarily pertaining to specifications, weight settlement, order requirements, other clarifications and disputes with vendors/suppliers and mill personnel. Issues must be resolved professionally to maintain sound and effective relationships.
• Stay proficient in procurement systems, company information systems, and other applicable business applications.
• Implement the standardization and continual improvement of the procurement process and the attainment of other identified procurement Key Performance Indicators within the Gerdau Business System guidelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, or related field.
• Minimum of three years of direct procurement experience.
• Excellent Computer system skills; experience working with SAP or other purchasing systems also
• General knowledge of the steelmaking industry, manufacturing, and procurement procedures.
• Must have experience working in a Regional Structure; sourcing MRO for various remote locations.
Gerdau offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. We recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
Gerdau offers excellent benefits that start the FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
Medical and Prescription
Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.