| Job Description:
Gerdau is currently seeking 2 Electrical Technicians for its Rancho Cucamonga, CA facility.
• To install, repair and maintain all power transmission lines, electrical apparatus devices, circuits of any voltage, motors of all kinds and similar equipment.
• Test equipment such as ohmmeters, volt meters, amp meters, power factor meters, power tools, electrician's hand tools, conduit benders, threading tools, soldering irons.
• Determines route of wires, conduits, wire gauge, power load, the desired locations and method of installation of typical electric units such as switches, fuses, relays, outlets, junction boxes, transformers, power panels, generators, following general trade practice blueprints, wiring diagrams, and state, municipal and underwriter's specifications, codes and ordinances.
• Installs conduit, junction boxes, plugs, switches, lighting fixtures, wiring motors, electrical and electronic units in predetermined locations using electricians hand and portable power tools. Conduct Technical Studies to support CAPEX investments.
• Troubleshoots by dismantling equipment for inspection purposes, uses a variety of test equipment to detect source of malfunction, undertakes required repairs or modifications after evaluation, obtains replacement parts, or improvises parts, re-assembles, tests and releases equipment for resumption of service.
• Repairs mill electric power tools, motors, generators, transformers, resistors, regulators, drive units, by replacing defective parts, rewinding coils, armatures, and bobbins, turning commutators.
Employee must be able to:
1. Walk long distances with tools (approximate mile)
2. Climb ladders up to 20 ft high
3. Climb stairs to reach the top of a building up to 100 ft high
4. Utilize man lifts up to 120 ft reach
5. Work in hot temperatures
6. Work on tight areas where laying down or be on your knees is required
7. Work in dusty environments
8. Work in areas where air purifying mask is required
9. Work in areas where heavy PPE and clothing is required
10. Work in areas where oil and grease is present
• High School Diploma or Technical Trade School education required.
• A minimum of two years industrial electrician experience.
• Thorough knowledge of troubleshooting all types of electrical and electronic circuits including AC and DC drives, Start/Stop control circuits, P.C. board replacement, calibration of electronic devices and ability to read electronic and electrical schematics.
• Must have experience with electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics in an industry setting Communication – Written and Verbal, Complex Problem Solving, demonstrated project leadership, and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
• Must have good communications skills and some computer skills with MS Office as well.
Basic Industrial Electricity
AC/DC Motors & Controls
National Electrical Code (NEC)
Running & Bending Conduit, Connection of motor lighting
Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Basic Knowledge of Overhead Crane Operations
Electrical Safety and High Voltage training
First Aid and CPR Training
Troubleshooting Electrical Control Circuits
Basic Knowledge of Steel Making Process (Rolling Mill and Melt Shop)
Apply online only. Please do not phone the mill.
Gerdau offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. We recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
Gerdau offers excellent benefits that start the FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
Medical and Prescription
Health and Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.